Since I could not find anything to write about today, I decided to write about where I usually look and what I usually do to find blog post ideas. Many times I have something to write about but there are those days that creep up and I feel like I have gone brain dead.
Below is a list of things I do and places I look to find blog post ideas:
– Keep a running list – I usually jot down blog post ideas when they come to me daily. However, with my recent schedule I have not done that and of course with my great organization skills I can’t find the old list.
– Check the comments of my blog and the blogs of others. Many times people ask questions or make very good points in the comment sections of blogs. I have used these questions or comments for blog posts on occasion.
– Yahoo Answers- I cannot even list how many times I have written a post from a question I found on Yahoo Answers I have found that site to be very helpful in giving me ideas.
– Social Networking Sites – I read many blogs that pop up on Twitter and Facebook. If I find a blog post I like a may write on a similar topic. A note on this one I never copy the topic, I usually find a tidbit within a post that I can focus in on.
– Rewrite an old post from years ago, since I am a NEWRU 🙂 I at times, have a completely different perspective on it.
– Go to some of my most inspirational blogger friends’ blogs and expand on one of their topics, of course giving them the credit of where you found the initial information.
– Youtube – finding a informational video on youtube and then posting it and expanding upon it with additional information has always been helpful to me.
– Ask friends about what they want to know. Usually these are my non-blogger friends. I ask them what they would like to know about internet marketing or blogging and POOF ideas for blog posts come.
Okay so these are some of the techniques I use, however as a blogger you know how often writer’s block may come up, so if you have any additional ideas please share them.